11 June 2012

Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge- June DESIGNER DRAFTS

Hello, friends:}

Today we start another weekly challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS blog!! The second week of the month is always a DESIGNER DRAFT challenge. 




This week we are inspired by the sketches: 
Well....I made two cards because I wasn't sure my first card would match the sketch that well! **You know how I always switch up the sketches! LOL!

For my first card (also featured on the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog), I used some of my new My Mind's Eye On the Sunny Side papers {available HERE from the RC} along with my Paper Smooches Sugar Rush stamp set. I looooooove how this turned out! I added a bit of divine twine {available HERE} and some red gems for accents. Super fun card! **This card FOLLOWED the sketch:)
For my second card....I used the sketch as a starting point for my design. I LOVE this card--I LOVE those sentiments down the left side {Paper Smooches Vegtastic, FOLKal Points, Surf & Turf, My Peeps, Word Salad, Good Gab}!!! I also love those Crate Papers {available HERE from the RC}. SOOOOOO pretty! The bird and sentiment are from the Paper Smooches Forest Whimsy stamp set. LOVE those brads --homemade and gems! LOVE:) LOVE this card sooooooo much! **This card DID NOT follow the sketch well. 
A close-up of the sketch, what I changed, and my card....I think it works:) LOVE it! 
That's it for me today--but be sure to stop by the other Paper Smooches SPARKS DT members' blogs and leave them some love


And don't forget to stop by the Paper Smooches SPARKS blog for more details. This challenge ends June 17th. I cannot wait to see what you make--I just LOOOOOVE my Paper Smooches stamps!!!

THANKS so much for stopping by! Be blessed:}
 Photobucket

16 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! I love the popsicle paper! These sketches are great! Hoping I get a chance to play along this time, I keep meaning to, but stuff happens....

crazymom said...

Oh so summer sweet! Love your cards. Thank you for sharing!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Both cards are so fun and happy! Love the mix of patterned papers!!! The two sentiments on the first card go so well together.

Kara Lynne said...

Darling cards! So cool how you diagramed the design for us, love that!

Lalo said...

Both are just too cute!!! You know how to work those PS stamps!!!

Lindsey said...

I can see the sketch in the second card... if I squint! :P Seriously, both these are beautiful. Awesome use of patterned paper as always.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee these!! LOVING the colors and the Popsicles!!!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Your first card is so sweet (pun intended). Love the mix of papers and the cute little popsicles. I'm laughing about how you switched up the sketch--I would totally do that! I love all the sentiments down the side. Super clever!

me said...

I think the 2nd card works well with the sketch too :) Love both of these cards! Brilliant!

xoxo
Angeline

Virginia L. said...

Love your take on the sketch! The breakdown of the sketch is fabulous! You sure rock with the Paper Smooches stamps! Way to go, girl!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

I love the popsicle card-so sweet! The patterned paper on the side looks so nice! I love the colors and the gems! You really work with layers well!

Glenda J said...

Great work! Love the bright colours and fabulous patterns!

Jinny Newlin said...

Great cards, Sav! Lovin' the color combos! I sooooo need to get my Paper Smooches out! Thanks for the inspiration!

Erica said...

Yummy card! I love the cheery colors and the patterned papers you used are perfect-especially the popsicle print! Erica

Colleen Dietrich said...

First, what yummy popsicles! I love the colors you picked.

Then, the second card really had me with that pink floral button! Love how you layered all your elements, and stacked those sentiments.

Lisa Arana said...

oh my goodness! both cards are absolutely brilliant. I love the added little scallops in the first and all the great sentiments in the second. brilliantly done.